DIY & Home Decor

Easy DIY Fall Wreath for Under $10!

October 21, 2017

I love the look of a pretty fall wreath, but I just could not justify spending upwards of $30-$50 (or more) on something that would adorn my door for only a few months out of the year. So I started scouting around in various stores for pieces to try and make my own.

And low and behold I found all these little pretties at WalMart for under $10!!

You can easily make your own beautiful fall wreath

The grapevine wreath was $4.99 and each of the decor items were $1.34. What I like about about the little items is that you can take them apart if you want to make lots of little pieces to spread out all over the wreath. This gives you a lot more pieces to move around and fully customize your wreath. For this project I chose to keep one of them whole and I broke up the other two.

Next is the fun part! Now it’s up to you how to arrange them on the wreath. Since the grapevine is like a bunch of thin sticks formed into a circle, there’s a lot of nooks and crannies you can stick the stems into without having to use super glue or anything. I’m keeping this on our door in the laundry room that’s right off the kitchen for now. However, if this was going outside I’d probably secure them a bit more. I’m sure a nice gust of wind would blow some of them off.

And voila! Not too bad for a cheap and easy DIY project, if I do say so myself. It only took me about of 5-10 minutes to make this pretty fall wreath. I may make a few more of these for other doors in our house. I can’t wait to try and make some for other seasons and holidays as well.

What do you think?

• Reply Roger October 23, 2017 at 4:01 am

I think a door wreath really adds the finishing touch to a home and especially during the holiday season I enjoyed reading this article thank you so much

• Reply Amanda October 23, 2017 at 1:00 pm

What a cute idea!

• Reply April Kitchens October 23, 2017 at 1:09 pm

It came out really cute. I made a fall wreath a few years ago, maybe if I have time, I will try a new wreath this year.

• Reply Marie October 25, 2017 at 8:43 am

Thank you! I’m always nervous of the end product when I make things myself, but happy with this one so far.

• Reply Gabby October 23, 2017 at 9:51 pm

I love DIY wreaths! I prefer DIY projects most of the time because then it’s really a unique piece. My husband made a wreath by hand last year out of vines from the tree behind our house. It’s plain but it’s so unique because he made it himself!

• Reply RED RIDING HOOD October 24, 2017 at 6:52 am

So much colours on your photos :0 the handwraps made of leaves are great!

• Reply Marie October 25, 2017 at 8:42 am

Thanks!

• Reply Jasmine Vargas October 24, 2017 at 8:51 am

I wanted to do a fall wreath this year but I didn’t have time. This one is a cute simple one. I like.

• Reply Marie October 25, 2017 at 8:42 am

Thanks! I’m always weary of making my own because I don’t like the cheapish look, but I was pleasantly surprised this time!

• Reply Robyn Shaver October 25, 2017 at 9:30 pm

My dearest…congrats! You have such amazing posts that I have nominated you for the Bloggers Recognition Award! Rules can be found here: https://disorientedmom.wordpress.com/2017/10/26/blogger-recognition-award-nomination/.