Blog Life

October Goals

October 2, 2017

September truly flew by and I can’t believe I’m now setting my October goals. The beginning of the month was all about welcoming fall, but then we had mid-summer temps and it was beginning to feel like fall was never coming. Thankfully, it has started to cool down some and it really does feel like fall — as it should, since it’s now OCTOBER! I think this is the first time in a long time where I’ve been yearning for fall and everything it entails. Also, our big family vacation starts next week, and we’ve been talking about it all year long!

Let’s backtrack and review September’s goals:

1. Blog Goals

The only goal I successfully accomplished here was 500 Instagram followers! I beat that goal and soared to around 620. However, I’m at 475 for Facebook (SO CLOSE!) but only 51 for email subscribers. I really did push for the Instagram and Facebook followers and it’s paid off — my site traffic keeps steady now even on days I’m not super active. I did gain about 20 subscribers, so all is not lost.

2. Master Closet

This is still a work in progress. I did however get the room entirely cleaned out, which was a huge feat considering it felt like an episode of hoarders whenever I looked in there. This little room tended to be the ‘catch-all’ while unpacking various boxes for other rooms in the house.

3. Flower Gardens

Again, I’m not quite finished with this project, but got most of the front garden done. It’s been a struggle to get on one side of the porch because there’s a bee’s nest behind where I want to plant and the bees are constantly zooming in and out and it just makes me nervous. Planning on braving the the little buzzers throughout this week to get it done once and for all. I was fortunate enough to score some great gallon size pots of various plants from work, which makes my life so much easier. I’ve arranged them how I want them, just need to dig the holes and get them in the ground.

Overall I feel I did a great job. These goals were always present in my mind and I busted my butt to try and get as much done as I could. It’s better knowing the project is already started than seeing it perpetually show up in goals knowing I haven’t chipped away at it yet.

Here are my October goals:

1. Blog Goals

Still would love to get to 500 likes on the Facebook page — click here to help!

Get 75 email subscribers. Develop my incentive. Start an email campaign/newsletter. This month I’m really going to focus on email subscribers and building that list. I want to start offering a ‘freebie’ section or printables section on the blog for subscribers.

2. Meal Planning

I REALLY need to start sticking to a meal plan. I always make lofty goals and aspiration to, but this month I want to actually do it from start to finish. While the week we are on vacation will be a time-out for this goal, I plan on utilizing for the rest of the month. I’ve already done this week’s plan and shopping so I’m off to a good start.

3. Winterize Front Porch

With cooler temps comes the closing down of our beloved front porch. I need to dust all the screens to be able to pull down the glass sections and wash those. Dust/vacuum all the nooks and crannies and launder all the cushion covers and throw blankets we have out there. Hopefully we’ll still get some warm days out there for weeks to come, but I’d rather get this work done before it’s too cold to be out there for long stretches of time.

4. Master Closet

This is coming back to the list because now that the room is cleared – it should be smooth sailing. And hopefully we won’t have weeks of 80-90 degree weather hindering us from working in that room. I already have a closet installation I had bought from IKEA I had planned to use in our son’s nursery in our VT home, but never got to use it there so now I’m going to claim it for us since his room does have a rather large closet ready to make his when we move him in there.

5. ENJOY Vacation!

We don’t get away that much, so a whole week away with my family is going to feel amazing. We’re returning to Corolla, North Carolina in the Outer Banks this year! It’s exciting to have the kids experience the lap of luxury we’ve felt on our previous vacations there. We have a large group and rent out a huge home right on the beach. And since it’s out of season, we practically have the area to ourselves and beach shops have major discounts. Also hoping to get some good family photo shoots done.

What are some goals you have in mind for October? Are you ready for fall?

• Reply Carley October 2, 2017 at 10:51 am

I absolutely love the personalized notebooks in your featured photo! They are adorable! Where did you get them? I also like that you post your goals publicly. I’ve never done this but I think maybe I should. It will help me reach them!

• Reply Marie October 3, 2017 at 10:34 am

Thanks Carley! I use the Erin Condren lifeplanner as my planner of choice. The covers are interchangeable, I tend to collect several every year so that I can switch things up every month if I want. Here’s a link if you want $10 off your order there — click here!

• Reply Ashley Griffith October 2, 2017 at 11:48 am

Sounds like an awesome October! I usually have a long list of goals for each month, but I have one big one this month and it’s to slow down. I want to take the time to get organized, wrap up some things I keep getting “too busy to finish” and just enjoy my time!

• Reply Bailey October 2, 2017 at 4:05 pm

Love your blogging goals! I need to start being more consistent about writing mine down.

• Reply Marissa October 2, 2017 at 5:43 pm

Meal planning is always a new years resolution of mine, but it is so unbelievably hard for me! Maybe because I’m a struggling college student. This month I am really trying to enjoy my final moments as a college student.

• Reply Yvette M Allen October 2, 2017 at 7:39 pm

Great list of goals. There are a couple times a year where my home goals are big! October is one of those months, getting everything winterized and preparing for the holiday season. I love to make homemade gifts and this will be the month they are finalized.

• Reply Janice October 2, 2017 at 7:44 pm

I’m sure you will have a productive October. Your motivating me!

• Reply Lila October 2, 2017 at 8:11 pm

Your goals are inspiring! I especially like how they’re in all different categories. It makes me want to make some of my own. . . in fact, I think I will. Thanks!

• Reply Laura October 2, 2017 at 8:33 pm

I’m at 50 email subscribers too! Have a great vacation!

• Reply Megan Anne October 2, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Congrats on hitting your Instagram goal! Thatโ€™s amazing! Good luck with all your goals of October,hopefully you hit them all! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Reply Bronx October 3, 2017 at 10:19 am

congradulations!! and awesome goals! I hope you complete them again this month!

• Reply Ana October 3, 2017 at 10:20 am

Nice list! Looks like we’re sharing the same goals ๐Ÿ™‚ I just started my email list and want to focus on bulding it this month. Also, hoping to finally organize my messy closet, move away my summer clothes & switch to fall/winter clothing…
    Liked your page, keep up the great work!
    P.S. Hope you have a great time on your vacation ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Ashley October 3, 2017 at 11:55 am

I love setting up monthly goals! I need to put cleaning my closet on mine too!!

• Reply Casey October 3, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Amen to the meal planning! Now that Iโ€™m finding my flow in grad school, meal planning is even more important than ever cause Iโ€™m crazy busy!

• Reply Cole Nemeth October 4, 2017 at 9:54 am

Awesome goals! We recently moved and every time I think we have everything organized I find more stuff to unpack. It’s a process, for sure!

• Reply Lynne DeAmelio October 17, 2017 at 11:37 pm

I love that you have these amazing goals and that you put it out there for all to see! Accountability, motivation, love, power in numbers, networking! All amazing! Love your blog and writing! Keep it up!

• Reply Marie October 19, 2017 at 9:06 am

Thank you so much, this just made my day!