DIY & Home Decor

The Dublin Market & Bazaar

September 27, 2017

The Fall Festival

This past weekend I was lucky enough to attend a fantastic antiques show — The Dublin Market & Bazaar. A dear old friend of mine, Maria Amarosa has created this amazing event, featuring 150 vendors from around the country. This is not just some flea market junk show, it’s set up like a little village with adorable street signs and the vendors do a great job of creating little ‘shops’ to view their items. There were shops with handmade and homemade goods like soaps and salsa, others who had re-purposed vintage finds, and then some shops that had original vintage items ready for your own imagination to bring them back to life or keep it just the way it is. Literally, something for everyone!

The huge open field is part of the Cricket Hill Farm in Dublin, NH. It was a picture perfect day to check out some vintage, handmade and unique finds. There were food vendors, as well as live music that was just the perfect background buzz for this fun day. I sang along to Bob Marley, Kenny Chesney and James Taylor while we browsed. We also saw some baby goats and a few classic cars (there was an actual classic cars show happening at the bazaar on Sunday). There was face painting and plenty of opportunities for memory making photo ops.

I was in love with many of the vendors who had home decor set up and staged so beautifully. I’m really into the ‘Modern Farmhouse’ look – think Joanna Gaines & ‘Fixer Upper’ — but I also like to incorporate some eclectic and colorful stuff in our decor. Here were some of my scenes of inspiration:

Sonnie the Dirt Road Darlin

We also got a look into Maria’s airstream camper ‘Sonnie – the Dirt Road Darlin’. This thing was SOOOO cool! I would love one for my backyard as my “she shed” when I need some me time. Maria is so amazing at design and it was absolutely gorgeous inside.

Vintage Label Co.

She’s also got a traveling shop she features at venues up and down New England — Vintage Label Co.ย This van is chuck full of gorgeous and unique vintage finds — especially clothing and accessories.

How cool is that?! I loooove those vibrant suitcases.

While I didn’t buy anything for our home this time — I’m fairly certain my bank account won’t be so lucky next time. The next event will be in June 2018 — click here to follow their page on Facebook and see what Maria and her crew are up to!

So if you’re in the NH area in June next year, make sure to put this on your to-do list, I promise you’ll love it!

Do you have a favorite antique shop or flea market you love going to?

• Reply Trish September 27, 2017 at 11:43 am

How cool!! I love going to places like this! And YES those suitcases are amazing! โ™ฅ

• Reply Tiffany Khyla September 27, 2017 at 12:11 pm

I’m in love with events like this! They’re so fun, and it’s great to support local creatives. That’s so awesome that you know the person who organizes It! I would love to put together an event as big and successful as this.

• Reply Christy Hilley September 27, 2017 at 9:22 pm

It is that time of year again! Festivals are one of the best parts of fall!

• Reply Jem September 27, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Looks like loads of fun!! Bet you find some really interesting, unique and creative things there

• Reply Kaylah September 28, 2017 at 10:07 am

Looks awesome! Great pics

• Reply Dawnmarie September 28, 2017 at 10:24 am

Marie, this looks like it was such and enjoyable experience. I like the idea of the street names. How creative that is. That radio is absolutely my style.

• Reply Yesenia September 28, 2017 at 5:35 pm

What a lovely market. I’m sure you were in your glory. We have one coming up in my town. Maybe I her to go this year as I missed it last year. I’ll be sure to take lots of pics for you. Lol.

• Reply Patty September 29, 2017 at 8:51 am

That sounds like a lot of fun. I should check it out next year!

• Reply Marie September 29, 2017 at 9:37 am

Yes you definitely should! Itโ€™s a fun scenic drive too through NH.

• Reply Ashley September 29, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Sounds like a really fun time! I love antique shows. I always find the best stuff !

• Reply Megan Anne September 30, 2017 at 11:11 pm

This sounds like tons of fun. I love your photos and how they’re edited, makes them looks super vintage-y. Ah, I love it.

• Reply Kristi October 1, 2017 at 1:14 am

What a fun event! And yes, those colorful pieces of luggage are adorable.

• Reply Brooks October 1, 2017 at 6:18 pm

This looks awesome! I wish I had something like this nearby. I adore Fixer Upper!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• Reply Jelena October 1, 2017 at 7:09 pm

I am thousands of miles away, so I will not be able to visit the fair, but I will suggest to my friend who is holding a vintage boutique to do something similar. It’s very nice!