Seasonal

5 Halloween Books Your Kids Will LOVE!

September 25, 2017

Halloween is just around the corner so I thought I’d share some of our favorite pumpkin and spooky character themed books with everyone. I love seasonal books because it’s a fun way to incorporate the holiday while still being educational.

*This post contains affiliate links which means I may earn a commission for products purchased, at no additional cost to you. Please ready my disclosures for more info.

Here are 5 Halloween books we love:

Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson

A Halloween classic – Room on the Broom is such a fun book! I bought this along with a few of the others last year in Fota’s first book order (omgggg I was SO excited for book orders again!) and she LOVED this book. At the time she wasn’t reading on her own, so it was a fun book to introduce her to some Halloween themes.

Five Little Monkeys – Trick or Treat by Eileen Christelow

Continuing our love of everything ‘Five Little Monkeys’ we love this seasonal favorite. In this book the monkeys are all decked out in their Halloween costumes and getting into mischief.

BOO! by Jonathan Litton

This is a new book we just got this year and it looks like a lot of fun. It’s great for Fota to learn and practice Halloween vocabulary as well as being a repetitive book, so it keeps Fallou interested too.

It’s Pumpkin Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff

I grew up reading If You Give a Mouse a Cookie — it was one of my first favorite books! This book continues the cute tradition of the cute little mouse having an adventure. In this book he’s decorating pumpkins, which is a great little story to incorporate around Halloween when we’re gearing up to carve and decorate pumpkins.

10 Orange Pumpkins by Stephen Savage

This is a great counting book. It was a great book for Fota to reinforce math and counting skills. The Halloween themed vocabulary was helpful for her too.

I’m sure we’ll be adding more Halloween themed books to our collection this year. Now that Fota is starting to read beginner chapter books, I’m thinking Goosebumps will be in her future (they were some of my favorite books growing up!)

What are some of your family’s favorite Halloween books?

• Reply Vanessa / FashionAveMom September 25, 2017 at 9:56 am

We love Its Pumpkin Day Mouse! Such great books!

• Reply Kate September 25, 2017 at 10:22 am

These are darling suggestions! I loved If You Give a Mouse a Cookie when I was a child too! The five little monkeys have been quite popular with my nephews!

• Reply samantha September 25, 2017 at 1:58 pm

I am adding the mouse book and the monkey book to our list of books to get. We have other books in those same series, but I did not know they had a Halloween version. Thanks for the list.

• Reply Marie September 25, 2017 at 2:10 pm

You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy them!

• Reply Cherralle September 25, 2017 at 4:25 pm

An excellent collection of books ! Definitely some picks to add to our selection at home

• Reply April Kitchens September 25, 2017 at 4:36 pm

I’m putting ALL of these books on our library checkout list. My daughter is obsessed with Halloween!

• Reply Rhonda Swan September 25, 2017 at 6:45 pm

Great books for an unstoppable Halloween!

• Reply Sasha September 25, 2017 at 8:47 pm

These look so cute! My little ones will have to check these out.

• Reply Jelena September 26, 2017 at 4:57 am

Thank you, Mary. A wonderful choice of books for kids with Halloween theme!

• Reply Ashley Griffith September 26, 2017 at 6:21 am

We don’t have any of these! Going to grab a few of them (probably all, haha) soon for our little girl!

• Reply Echo October 6, 2017 at 1:28 am

These are so cute! Halloween has always been my favorite holiday! Probably because I was born in October!

• Reply Heather October 6, 2017 at 12:46 pm

I love reading seasonal books to my son. It’s a great way to refresh our reading. We just bought a cute Halloween book that he absolutely loves. It’s a pop-up book too, so he gets super excited to see what’s coming next. I’m going to have to get a couple of these to add to our Halloween collection!

• Reply Denisa October 6, 2017 at 1:41 pm

I will have to check and see if these are at my kids’ school book fair next week. My son loves Halloween books! Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Karen October 6, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Room on a Broom is a Halloween favorite around my house! I think I will have to take my boys for a trip to the library to pick up a couple of the other books on your list! Thanks!

• Reply Marie October 6, 2017 at 10:15 pm

Anytime! Weโ€™ve even scored a few more at TJMaxx last weekend, theyโ€™re just too darn cute.

• Reply Nicky October 7, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Room on a Broom is our FAVOURITE book in this house! A great selection well chosen!

• Reply Bernice October 7, 2017 at 11:05 pm

Great selection. My kiddos although older 11 and 12 still love these

• Reply Jessica October 8, 2017 at 5:29 pm

I was so excited when my youngest was born on Halloween. It’s one of my favorite holidays. My now 4 year old and I love to read Room on a Broom and try to buy a new Halloween book each year. Thanks for the suggestions! We will have to check them out. : )

• Reply Amy October 9, 2017 at 1:10 am

LOVE your pics! Adorable. Fantastic blog and beautiful baby! Wishing you tons of success! Cheers!