Lemon is another favorite essential oil in my home. It’s perfect to use in your strive for non-toxic cleaning solutions. The fresh and invigoratingly clean scent of lemon leaves your home smelling so good and you can rest easy knowing there’s no harsh chemicals around your family.
Ways I use lemon essential oil in my home:
- In a spray bottle with water (I also use tea tree oil too and a little bit of vinegar) to clean countertops and surfaces in our kitchen and bathroom
- A few drops in the washer if I’ve left wet clothes in there too long — a quick rinse with no soap has them smelling fresh again and ready to dry without getting that musty smell!
- Great to polish and clean wood and silver — soak a cloth in lemon oil and then use to polish/clean
- Can replace ‘Goo Be Gone’: a few drop of lemon oil mixed with a couple tablespoons of baking soda and little water — takes those sticky labels off in a cinch!
- Diffuse for a fresh and clean scent
Not only is lemon great for cleaning, its amazingly fresh scent is great to use in a diffuser.
Some diffuser blends I love:
- 3 drops each Lemon & Lavender
- 2 drops each Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit & Wild Orange
- 3 drops each Lemon & Eucalyptus
- 2 drops each Ylang Ylang & Peppermint, 1 drop Lemon
Have you tried cleaning with lemon essential oil? What’s one of your go-to uses for this oil?