Lavender is consistently associated with sleep and relaxation and it’s no wonder why. It’s soothing aroma is calming and invokes restfulness. It’s a great oil to have in your home. We use it regularly to freshen the air and diffuse at night before bedtime to wind everyone down. I’ve always been drawn to lavender scented bath soaps and lotions, and now that I’m a regular essential oil user, I use it in even more ways!
Here are some the ways we use lavender essential oil in our home:
- Use a drop in lotion to give feeling of relaxation
- Use in spray bottle with water on linens & mattress or rub on bottoms of feet before bed to aide in restful sleep
- Diffuse for relaxation or to get rid of stale odors
- Great to use in DIY skincare products like lotion, bath scents & scrubs
- Use topically to soothe itchiness/swelling from bug bites & stings (works well with tea tree)
I actually just used it the other day because I was gardening and was stung by a wasp a few times on my arm. I put a single drop on my arm and rubbed it into my skin before applying a cold compress. The swelling reduced dramatically and the achy sting subsided soon after.
Here are some diffuser blends I use:
- 3 drops Lavender & 3 drops Eucalyptus
- 2 drops each of Lavender, Lemon & Peppermint
- 4 drops Lavender & 3 drops Tangerine
- 3 drops Lavender & 3 drops Bergamot
It truly does amaze me the many uses for essential oils and the more I learn and use them myself, the more I want to share that knowledge with others.
Do you use lavender essential oil?