I can’t believe it’s September already. We’ve survived the first few days of back to school and we’re enjoying the last little bits of summer while we can. Fall is just around the corner, and I’m so ready for a fresh start!
To start let’s see how my August goals panned out:
1. We made it to the beach! It was a great day spent with my kiddos and I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect beach day. To read all about our fun day and see some really cute pics of my kids — click here.
2. For three out of four weeks I was able to post 2 posts. I will say that I’ve been working hard on social media engagement & learning apps like PicMonkey & Canva to step up my Pinterest game.
3. Organization at home is still a work in progress. We have as a family started cleaning together on a more regular basis, which saves me a ton of time from having to do it all myself. I am hopeful that now school season is back – it’ll be much easier to meal plan and such.
4. Reading has still taken somewhat of a back seat. Although, while I haven’t picked up a paperback – I have been reading a ton of fellow blogs and learning lots. I’ve got a lot of work to do ahead of me, but I’m super excited to see where this blog will go!
5. Sadly, paint colors have still not been chosen. This goal was really wishful thinking on my part. My husband’s work starts to slow down in the fall so I think this goal is better suited for a bit later when I know for a fact he’ll have time to get the painting done.
So, while I didn’t complete all goals I set forth for myself, I think I did great on the ones I did. I know that I’ve been working really hard on most of them, so let’s hope September brings more goals accomplished!
Without further ado, here are my September goals:
- Blog Goals:
Get 500 Facebook page likes. I think part of that is boosting my content on that page and staying active. If you’d liked to contribute to this goal — click here.
Get 100 blog followers/subscribers. I think my number is around currently at about 30 — so this will be a big task to accomplish. I’m contemplating adding a freebie or some kind of exclusive content to lure potential subscribers. I’d also like to implement a newsletter.
Get 500 Instagram followers. This is kind of a cheating goal — I’m at 460ish right now so I’m thinking this one will be easily attainable. To follow me on Instagram — click here.
2. Get our Master Closet installed. We have a small room on our second floor that we’re going to use as a “walk-in Master Closet” for my husband and I since our bedroom does not have a closet. The room also has a built-in cedar closet, so it’s the perfect space to expand into a larger designated closet room. Would you believe me if I told you he has more clothes and shoes than I do? (hint: you should!)
3. Finish the front yard flower beds. I started this task this weekend and got halfway there until I was stung by a wasp. I’m fine, but September is really the last month with decent enough weather to still be putting stuff in the ground I want to be flowering for next spring/summer.
I’m going to go with only 3 major goals for this month as the blog goal has multiple tiers. Also, I know it’ll be a busy month since Fota has decided to play soccer, so there goes Saturday morning blog work and free time.
What are some of your September goals?