Blog Life

September Goals

September 4, 2017

I can’t believe it’s September already. We’ve survived the first few days of back to school and we’re enjoying the last little bits of summer while we can. Fall is just around the corner, and I’m so ready for a fresh start!

To start let’s see how my August goals panned out:

1. We made it to the beach! It was a great day spent with my kiddos and I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect beach day. To read all about our fun day and see some really cute pics of my kids — click here.

2. For three out of four weeks I was able to post 2 posts. I will say that I’ve been working hard on social media engagement & learning apps like PicMonkey & Canva to step up my Pinterest game.

3. Organization at home is still a work in progress. We have as a family started cleaning together on a more regular basis, which saves me a ton of time from having to do it all myself. I am hopeful that now school season is back – it’ll be much easier to meal plan and such.

4. Reading has still taken somewhat of a back seat. Although, while I haven’t picked up a paperback – I have been reading a ton of fellow blogs and learning lots. I’ve got a lot of work to do ahead of me, but I’m super excited to see where this blog will go!

5. Sadly, paint colors have still not been chosen. This goal was really wishful thinking on my part. My husband’s work starts to slow down in the fall so I think this goal is better suited for a bit later when I know for a fact he’ll have time to get the painting done.

So, while I didn’t complete all goals I set forth for myself, I think I did great on the ones I did. I know that I’ve been working really hard on most of them, so let’s hope September brings more goals accomplished!

Without further ado, here are my September goals:

1. Blog Goals:

Get 500 Facebook page likes. I think part of that is boosting my content on that page and staying active. If you’d liked to contribute to this goal — click here.

Get 100 blog followers/subscribers. I think my number is around currently at about 30 — so this will be a big task to accomplish. I’m contemplating adding a freebie or some kind of exclusive content to lure potential subscribers. I’d also like to implement a newsletter.

Get 500 Instagram followers. This is kind of a cheating goal — I’m at 460ish right now so I’m thinking this one will be easily attainable. To follow me on Instagram — click here.

2. Get our Master Closet installed. We have a small room on our second floor that we’re going to use as a “walk-in Master Closet” for my husband and I since our bedroom does not have a closet. The room also has a built-in cedar closet, so it’s the perfect space to expand into a larger designated closet room. Would you believe me if I told you he has more clothes and shoes than I do? (hint: you should!)

3. Finish the front yard flower beds. I started this task this weekend and got halfway there until I was stung by a wasp. I’m fine, but September is really the last month with decent enough weather to still be putting stuff in the ground I want to be flowering for next spring/summer.

I’m going to go with only 3 major goals for this month as the blog goal has multiple tiers. Also, I know it’ll be a busy month since Fota has decided to play soccer, so there goes Saturday morning blog work and free time.

What are some of your September goals?

• Reply Suz September 4, 2017 at 9:46 am

I always mean to make a list of monthly goals, but never quite get round to it!!

• Reply MoJo September 4, 2017 at 10:29 am

I love this idea of blogging monthly goals! Definitely holds you accountable.

• Reply Jenna September 4, 2017 at 10:42 am

I really should start blogging my monthly goals and progress. It would hold me accountable and hopefully encourage others!

• Reply Kate September 4, 2017 at 1:14 pm

I always love to read goal setting posts because I find them so motivating! One of my September goals is to be consistent with my meal planning on Sundays. It always sets me up for a better week when I have a plan in place.

• Reply Robyn Shaver September 4, 2017 at 3:21 pm

I love setting goals, except that I haven’t set any for this month. Better get started!

• Reply Chioma September 4, 2017 at 4:17 pm

Thanks for sharing your goals for the month. I have a few goals written out but I didn’t really touch on personal goals. Need to get on that

• Reply Sarah September 4, 2017 at 5:18 pm

I narrowed my goals down to 3 too for the month. Good luck with yours!

• Reply Crystal // Dreams, etc. September 4, 2017 at 7:01 pm

I love how you recapped your August goals. Your September goals look great! Good luck with them!

• Reply Paula @ I'm Busy Being Awesome September 4, 2017 at 7:22 pm

These are some great goals! I think it’s a good idea to narrow down to three when they are each quite involved. Nice work on crushing your August goals, too ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Nicole Carman September 4, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Hey there! I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award! Your blog is great and I want to be sure you know that you’re doing a great job, and that you’ve got a reader in me. I’d love it if you checked out your mention here: https://www.nikkitheorem.com/received-blogger-recognition-award/

Please be sure you pass it on and nominate the next group of bloggers! ๐Ÿ™‚

Nicole @ The Nikki Theorem

• Reply Rachel G September 4, 2017 at 8:34 pm

Oooh, the Master Closet project sounds like it will be so nice when it’s finished! And I believe you–there have definitely been times in our marriage when my husband owns more shoes than I do!

• Reply Rachel September 4, 2017 at 8:49 pm

These are some great goals!

• Reply Anna nuttall September 5, 2017 at 3:06 am

Very nice! I useless at setting up goals. Let see how you get on throughout september. xx

• Reply Patty September 6, 2017 at 8:00 am

I like how you’ve set goals and blogged about them to be held accountable. That’s a good idea!

• Reply Wui Kathy September 6, 2017 at 9:26 am

Setting a monthly goal is a good idea for self motivation! Thanks for sharing the great tips!

• Reply Gina September 6, 2017 at 11:34 am

Love the monthly goal setting – I might steal this idea if you don’t mind! I’ve been thinking about setting goals but was going to go down the yearly route, maybe monthly ones are more achievable and will keep me more focussed! Thanks! X

• Reply Jordyn Galan September 7, 2017 at 1:20 am

Our goals this month is 750 pinterest followers up traffic from Pinterest… basically we are focusing on Pinterest

• Reply Jen September 7, 2017 at 1:34 pm

My goals are to double my business this month! Big ask but I’m going for it x

• Reply Jessica September 7, 2017 at 4:05 pm

I love reading goal posts! It’s awesome to see people working toward things similar to yourself, and it’s a great motivation. You got this!

• Reply Cassy September 13, 2017 at 6:33 am

I always wanted to do my bucket-list goal but I just can’t.