Peppermint is one of my favorite essential oils.
It truly is SO versatile. If you’re new to essential oils, my first recommendation would be peppermint.
It is a must-have in your medicine cabinet!
- Use topically for muscle pain*
- Inhale for anti-nausea, clearing of clogged sinuses
- Fever reducer: dilute with coconut oil and rub on back of neck and bottoms of feet*
- Aid in allergy relief by diffusing during bouts of allergy congestion
- Mix with lavender and apply to bug bites to relieve itchiness*
- Apply to forehead and temples to relieve headache pain*
It is a natural insect & rodent repellant
- Put a few drops around the area where you’ve been having rodent problems (I use this in our kitchen cabinets and around the trash can)
- Use in a mixture of other oils like lavender & eucalyptus for DIY bug spray (I also have a recipe here)
Diffuse in your Home / Office / Classroom
- Gives a sense of alertness (quick pick-me-up)
- Improves concentration
*It’s important to remember to dilute essential oils with a carrier oil like coconut oil or a lotion you already have when using topically to avoid skin irritation.
These are just a handful of easy and helpful uses for peppermint oil. As you can see it’s a versatile oil that can be used in a variety of settings. I’m so thankful I was gifted this oil by a friend as a house-warming gift, because its truly changed my life and the well-being of my family. This oil is a must during the colder winter months especially in cold & flu season when everyone seems to get the sniffles at least once a week.
If you’re interested in learning more about this oil or essential oils in general, contact me and we can chat!
Do you love peppermint oil? What’s your favorite use for this oil?