Essential Oils Mom Life

Purify Your Home

August 8, 2017

I’m a newbie when it comes to essential oils, but I’ve definitely grown to love a select few oils that are officially becoming staples in my collection. I use doTERRA oils and have signed up to be a wellness advocate, so if you’re interested in exploring the world of essential oils — let’s chat!

The first oil I’m going to talk about is Purify. This a doTERRA blend of citronella, lemon, lime, siberian fir needle, and melaluca (tea tree). It smells sooo amazing. It’s a very fresh and vibrant scent in my opinion.

I often diffuse this when I’m cleaning up the kitchen or doing weekend chores around the house. It’s great for clearing up a funky smell in the trash can that’s lingering — just drop a few drops in the bottom before putting the bag in.

It’s also great to freshen up counters — use a few drops in a spray bottle of water and spritz on counter tops before wiping up. I do this often in my kitchen and downstairs bathroom as a quick refresher.

I don’t know if I could praise this oil any more? It’s easily used on a daily basis in my home. With a busy family including a dog, a tween and a toddler, we often get some funky smells happening and this blend just clears the air and gives our home that squeaky clean smell.

If you have any questions or want to learn more about doTERRA oils, get in touch and I can show you how essential oils will change your life.

• Reply Gabby August 9, 2017 at 10:19 pm

I love using doTerra oils! I have their Peace roller to help with my anxiety. I will have to look at getting this one to diffuse once in a while!

• Reply Amy | Confessions of a Daydreamer August 18, 2017 at 4:20 pm

I love essential oils! We have a diffuser in the living room and DoTerra is definitely my favorite!

• Reply Lisa August 18, 2017 at 6:50 pm

I love essential oils and oh my goodness, I have never thought about adding a few drops to my spray bottle. I can’t wait to go clean the counters now!

• Reply Yolanda August 18, 2017 at 8:56 pm

I don’t use essential oils but have been reading so much about them that I’m ready to jump on the essential oil train. This oil sounds amazing and so versatile.

• Reply Lisa August 23, 2017 at 10:20 am

This blend sounds lovely, lemon is so fresh and clean. I will have to check it out. Essential oil addict that I am!

• Reply LeAmn Rodriguez August 23, 2017 at 10:25 am

Love that there’s something specifically designed to clean and get rid of those funky smells!

• Reply Marie August 23, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Me too! With a husband, tween, toddler and dog — my house unfortunately does get some funk going on at times and this blend is so fresh.

• Reply Laura August 23, 2017 at 12:05 pm

I have heard only great things about doTerra! I would love more info at some point!

• Reply Marie August 23, 2017 at 12:15 pm

I’d be happy to answer any questions you have! If you’re new to essential oils my recommendation would be starting with the Beginner’s Trio of Lavender, Peppermint & Lemon. There’s so many uses for these three in the home, it’s a great way to get your feet wet using oils.

• Reply Bria @ Tendril Wild Blog August 23, 2017 at 2:32 pm

I’ve been wanting to get more into essential oils, as they’re becoming really popular, and people keep talking about how amazing they work. This sounds like the perfect “catch all” oil for a lot of different things – you’ve given me some new ideas on how to use essential oils. Perfect for a beginner like me. ๐Ÿ™‚ Sharing this post!

• Reply Marie August 23, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Great thanks! And yes this is a very versatile oil. It really is amazing how many uses many essential oils have.

• Reply Meg Smidt August 23, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Great tips…. going to add in diffusing in the kitchen to my routine!

• Reply Kristi August 23, 2017 at 8:18 pm

Love essential oils! My favorite way to keep my bathrooms and kitchen smelling fresh and clean!

• Reply Bailey August 24, 2017 at 2:16 am

I love Purify! Blending it with lemon oil is my favorite.

• Reply Heather Sears December 5, 2017 at 10:51 pm

I use e/o almost daily!

• Reply Amy December 6, 2017 at 12:05 am

Sounds like a great blend!

• Reply Carley December 6, 2017 at 11:08 am

When we moved into our rental house four years back now, it wreaked of cigarette smoke from the previous tenants. We used purify in the diffuser for a few days and the whole house smelled like new. It worked wonders!